Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentines Day!

Today is Valentine's Day and I wanted to Post a 'Valentines' day card, so I went searching thru the photos on my computer and came up with this old one.  It is an Oldie and maybe NOT a goodie!  A retired Stampin' Up! set called Funky Favorites, it is one I have saved as I like the images, an overstuffed chair, a chicken a bird house, a very small cup of coffee, a coffee bean. and this heart and flower.  I embossed the hearts and flowers in brown embossing powder on a brown card, I punched out an oval near the top right side of the card, then I stamped the heart in pink and cut it out, this was way before die cuts and thinlits etc.  The Happy Valentine is an old Stampin' Up verse and I used the 'fancy' scissors to cut around it and added 3 white eyelets.

Most likely  NOT my best card ever, but it does say Happy Valentines Day!

I have been trying to sell my cards, so I have with me a small binder with a selection of cards for purchase, charging $3 each or 2 for $5,  So this year, I changed out all the cards and put in Valentine cards and I sold 4 cards this week, to my co-workers, but sold them non the less!  I was pretty happy.  I cut white copy paper slightly smaller than the card and stamped on it the Happy Valentine's Day verse, then I can simply glue the folded sheet into the card, so I was able to put in cards that were not specifically Valentine's Day, but certainly could be. This also prevented me from having so many Valentine's  left over, now that they are not sold, I can still use the cards as Thank you's or birthday or whatever I need.

I also do not like specific Valentines, and certainly not red and pink ALWAYS,  I stamped at Billies on Super Bowl Sunday and I took a pack of DSP and some coordinating cardstock and made a few cards, using her Valentine type verses I like the results.



Then I came up with


Again not traditional Valentine's day colors, but I like them, now unfortunately these are specific to Valentine's day and they did NOT sell this year, so I will have them around for next year, although I do need a card for my beloved today....

Thanks for stopping by and 'listening' to me ramble.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed at your comment "not your best card" I have a friend who tells me that when I make a lemon! I do like the embossing on your card and I'll bet a color change would really bring some life to this design.

    The other card has wonderful bright cheerful colors...you are so good at the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete