Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thanks to all who choose to serve in the Military

My co-workers son recently joined the Coast Guard and while he was in basic training in New Jersey I sent him a few cards.  Now mind you I do not personally know him, I have seen him a few times when he came into the office, but I knew that being so far away from home, he might be thinking of home, and while his mom wrote him a letter each and every day, I knew mail call would bring something for him each day, I created these cards with him in mind and sent him a few cards.

I borrowed this retired military stamp set from Bobbie, and decided not to color the image, but to just stamp it, they add layers.  To get the star in the center of the circle, first punch the star then center the circle punch over it.  The background was rolled with a Jumbo Roller it had stars on it so I thought it fit the card theme.

I folded this one to open in the center, this time I cut around the image so on the left side the jet tail protrudes and I liked the way the blue layer looked.  I used an embossing folder on the red panel to the left, and I used a border stamp Borderettes (133662) on the right side, then added 3 punched stars.

On this one I used one of the border images Borderettes (133662) at the bottom, 4 times, then I put only 1 row at the top, I liked the balance.  I used a 'fancy' corner punch on the image and layered it to a brown card, then added 2 different sized stars.

All of the cards were fairly flat to mail,  I liked the way each of them turned out.

A big thank you to all of the service men and women and their families who serve in our Military each and every day!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment