Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stamp class on Thursday

This past Thursday I held a stamp class for a few of my stamping buddies.  We usually get together once a month and enjoy dinner together, then go back to my office for stamping.  The last class I organized was in July!  Many of the ladies had asked me when we would start up again, so I designed 3 cards and we had class on Thursday!  It was good to organize the projects and get together with the ladies and share dinner and stamp.

My first project was a Valentines Day card, I had purchased the brown cardstock at Michaels for only $.99 a package, a good price, but the quality was not as good as I am used to.  So I layered it over the pink cardstock and that was much better.  I really enjoyed embossing at Billies last weekend, so we embossed the hearts with a Versamark pad and clear embossing powder.  We used the oval punch to make the peek-a-boo for the heart.  The little hearts are an old set from DOTs (now Close to my Heart) and the words are from Stampin' Up as well as the large heart (Funky Favorites) in the peek-a-boo.  The Pink ink and cardstock are Stampin' Up! Pixie Pink.
The second project was a little girl in a rain coat, and I used bright colors, Stampin Up paper, Real Red, Ballet Blue and YoYo Yellow.  The little girl is from Imaginations and I think she is cute.  My first card was just layers and it is OK,
but then I remembered that I had some great words for the rain coat girl.


so I left off the Ballet Blue layer and moved the little girl down, if I would have had my stamp positioner I could have stamped the words a little higher on the front, but I think the words are great. Everyone's card was slightly different, which I like to see, as each of us used different colors to color in the image.  We embossed the little girl so that when we colored we would not bleed the ink over the black lines.

The third project used some pieces from my christmas card.
The main card is Almost Amethyst Card Stock, Stampin' Up!, we also used the scalloped edge for the Pretty in Pink strip and the Lovely Lilac piece behind the chair.  The part that was from my Christmas card is the white strip that I ran thru the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  The big comfy chair is from Stampin Up, Funky Favorites.  I used Lovely Lilac ink for the chair.  The Thanks so much is a stamp from DOTS (Close to my heart).  I used a Stampin Up jumbo roller, Sweet Stars for the left edge just to give it a little extra something.

My fellow crafter/stampers all had a good time, and it got me stamping again.  I have already put on my calendar class for next month at least on the 1st Thursday, and if there is enough interest then I will have a 2nd class on the next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment