Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday 1-22-11

So the teams for the Super Bowl have been decided!   Greenbay vs Steelers, the games were on, we even went to church early today so we could be home so hubby could see both games in their entirety.  I went to the office/craft room, had a Back to the Future fest and made a few cards.

Made this card for my Aunt Diane and Uncle Ed's 50th Anniversary, which was this month, I am not sure of the date, but I was telling her how much I missed my Mom and that my 50th birthday is this month, and she said that she remembered my mom at her wedding being VERY pregnant with me.  So I dug through some old items and found the rose and LOVE, which was made with Billie's Cricut, then I found the DG and EG already cut out from another project, and I just had to made the 50.  the card is a strange size, but I liked the layers and the corner and straight punch that I used.



I decided that this design will be for my next Stamp Class in February, I saw this design from one of the Stampin Up demonstrators who I get emails from and it is way adorable.  I have so much double sided paper so it should be no problem to make these,  the design is very easy and I used my square punch, oval punch and a diecut for the larger oval.  I rolled the backgrounds.  I really like these both.



The main element on this card was made a long time ago, at my friend Desiree's house, I like the frame stamp with the bee's inside them, I could not find the words, Got Honey?  but knew they were were somewhere, so I kept looking, and then on the inside I had the honey jar and the words You're the bees knees.  The edge punch is a Martha Stewart that I got a Michaels on sale.

The words on this card were extra elements from a Scrapbook page that we made in class a while back, I found them on my desk today, so I cut them apart.  I used double sided background paper and thought that I'd show the 'other' side so I bent down one of the corners, the brown chain was left over from Billie's house and I secured it down with brads rather than glue.


Close up of the brads and double sided paper.


Inside I used the last word Sunshine and I included a stamped sunshine as well, I added 2 strips of the paper to the bottom of the card, and on the left side you can see a strip of paper which I added to cover up the back of the brads from the front, if I had been thinking I could have secured the brown chain to the white strip then attached it to front of the card, then the back of the brads would have gone through the front of the card.
That is it for now.  My desk is still a mess, and I just hate to clean it up, but I am using only a very small space to work on, then I have to expand to my husbands desk so I can use the rollers. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment