Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday, Fall is here in the Pacific Northwest

Fall has arrived I have a few friends who prefer the cold/rain to the sunshine.  I prefer the "not rain" so I can have my sunroof open as I drive, I might have the heater on but the sunroof is open.  I can handle the rain as I am lucky enough to work inside an office, so just getting from my car to the office is when I experience the rain.  I prefer it 'not to be cold' and in our area, Southwest Washington we a have pretty mild weather, not as much rain as Seattle or as much as Portland.

I love to see the trees change colors and like to take drives around the 'country side' to see the landscape.  I would like to see the New England States in the fall sometime and I know the trees would be beautiful!

My project this weekend was to make 8 thank you cards for Pastor Appreciation Sunday.  I got up at my regular time and planned on going into my craft room and create, however my daughter who has been staying with us was sleeping, so I turned to my 'other' stash of stamping supplies that I keep in the laundry room, so I started with 2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 white card stock and I used sponges to add 3 colors, Blue, Gold and Rust.

When I was done I cut them into 4 pieces 4 x 5.25 each so I had 8 fronts, that could be layered on a regular 1/2 sheet card.  Then I used Stampin' Up! retired stamp set  Autumn Leaf Prints, and I used black pigment ink and embossed leaves randomly on the quarter sheets.  I used a Pearl Embossing powder from Comotion.  It changed the black images to more of a silvery color.
 Then I decided I needed to emboss the leaves and cut them out so I could add a few to the cards to bring an extra layer.  I had some goldenrod card stock and I used pigment ink again in some different colors and embossed them with the same pearl embossing powder, the colors became soft and subtle.

Embossing is a technique that fell in love with and I was so excited when Mom and Dad purchased me the embossing tool.  Then somehow I have forgotten to use that technique and it makes the cards look impressive and adds texture and using the Pearl powder it changed the colors.

I decided to use the leaves with the least amount of detail so they would be easier to cut out!  I figured I needed at least 2 or maybe 3 leaves per card, that is a bunch to cut out!

Thought I'd show you my stamping area, it started with a few supplies then I needed scissors, and words and more ink and punches and, and, and.  So I manage to get my area pretty messed up! This would be my kitchen table!

I layered the card fronts on to the goldenrod cardstock and embossed the words using a green pigment ink and the Pearl embossing powder.

After I put the cut out leaves on I decided I need to add a button, and if I use a button then I like to put string through the holes, so I used embroidery thread.

The Thank you So Much is also a retired stamp set by Stampin' Up! called Greetings 4 You.

I was very much pleased with the results and especially  how they are each different with leaf placement and the number of cut out leaves applied.  When I was done I had 8 cards and as I addressed each card I realized I only needed 6 cards, so now I have 2 extra to use another time!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment