Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Yes, today is Halloween and we are going to be helping out at church for the Fall Fest, it is an annual tradition we began when we moved to Washington.  Our daughter was already too old to go trick or treating, so we joined in at the fun at church.  Hundreds of children and their families come to the church to enjoy a good time, out of the weather. The children and some parents come in costume, and we have inflatables, and carnival type games for everyone, Oh we also have CANDY!

I do not have many 'holiday' stamps, I have a few Christmas sets, but no Halloween and I don't really send Halloween cards.  I like to purchase stamps that are more universal, that an be used over and over and over again.

Here is another card I put together for our swap last month.  I had stamped the background and tied the ribbon around it, then set it aside.  So I came and added the flower and leaves. Leaves are from the Flower Patch set (134207) and I used the matching Flower Flair Framelets (133731)  I like using eyelets, so maybe I added a few too many? Who is to say it is too many?

I stamped the flower 3 times then punched it out with the large scallop punch 2 3/8 " (118874) then the 1 3/4" scallop punch (119854) then on the third one I used the 3/4" circle punch (119873)  I used Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) for a nice finish.  The yellow flower is one of the framelits from Floral Frames Collection (127012)

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a fun and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment