Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday, a new year 2015

 I do very much like butterfly images.  Not real butterflies so much, well if I see them in the garden fluttering by the flowers that is OK, but don't come fluttering around me, or want to land on me, As far as I am concerned they still a bug.

In any case, this is Stampin' Up! Swallowtail (131943) which is an enormous stamp, it is one of the 'background' sized stamps, it is larger than the normal front of a card, so I have see it used in several different ways.  What I did was stamp it 4 times on the 8.5 X 11 card stock, then I cut the card stock into quarters, 4.25 X 5.5  If there was a blank corner, then I inked the stamp again and stamped it to fill in the space.

I cut the piece down, then cut it into thirds, and attached it to a card 11 X 4.25 folded in half letting the card stock show between the panels.
I stamped the verse from Blooming with Kindness (131961), then punched it  using a retired punch, and punched out a heart (I do not have sweetheart punch (133786) but rather another retired punch and adhered them to each other, then used Stampin' Dimensional's (104430) to pop it up.
I used a hole punch and punched out 1/2 of the circle on the folded side,  so I could thread ribbon around the card and tie it on the front and also punched on just the front, 1/2 of the circle so the ribbon would stay in place.

I hope you enjoyed this card and I hope it inspires you to create something.  Special thanks to Bobbie for letting me borrow the image, I had a good time using it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment