Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wednesday 1-7-15

I wonder just how long it will take me to NOT write the year as 2014.  In the "old days", (not like I am really THAT old!) when we had to type a letter, (on a typewriter) it took a long time, now with the computer, the date automatically generates so I am not really even thinking  about the date.

 Today's image is Frosty, this is unfortunately a retired Stampin' Up! set, it was an awesome set, Christmas-ie, but could also be used in January as a 'snow' card!  I have a friend Debbie who love snowmen, so I always think of her when I see Frosty!

As I un-decorated my Christmas tree, I realized how many Snowmen or snow lady ornaments I have.

This was a card stamped in a dark blue ink, then colored with colored pencils.  I do not color in the snow, but outline it using a light blue or a light gray, just to give it a shadow.

I do prefer the verse Merry Christmas over the Happy Holiday verses that seem to be everywhere.

However, I have also collected a few stamped verses that related snow men which is also fun to use with this image.
This card is basically the same, I just put the images toward the bottom of the card with the verse at the top.

I hope that you have a GREAT day, and thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. I love snowmen too....ummmm but I'm sick of winter already and with temperatures below zero here I'm sooo ready to move on to Valentines!

    ReplyDelete