Monday, January 19, 2015

Swap card/Cherry Cobbler

I hope you are enjoying your Martin Luther King Holiday today.  This is holiday that is not observed by our office, so I am at work today!
 This is a swap card I designed to take to Sherron's to swap with her, and  her other down lines.  The theme was embossing powder, so I purchased Cherry Cobbler embossing powder and silver ribbon, Assuming I would design a Christmas Card.  HA! best laid plans of mice and men (umm women)

I used embossing folder Honeycomb  (129378) on Cherry Cobbler card stock, then adhered it to a white folded card.  I wrapped bakers twine/cherry cobbler (123125) around the card twice and tied a bow.  (decided I did not like the sillver ribbon) I embossed, with the cherry cobbler embossing powder (122949) the flower image from Six Sided Sampler (130953)

I do not have the coordinating punch Hexagon (130919) so I cut each image by hand, pretty simple based on 6 straight cuts.  I embossed the My Friend from the same stamp set and punched it out using the Modern Label punch (119849)
I arranged the cut/punched images on the right side of the card and used Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)  (One of my favorite things to use on a card/project) to give them a lift.

I guess I was just not in the mood for a Christmas Card on this particular day, even though Cherry Cobbler would make a GREAT Christmas card.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I find the six sided sampler easier to use because of the streight lines. It's a fun card and I need to get mine out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the monochromatic look. Great die and embossing folder. Great fun card.

    ReplyDelete