Monday, January 23, 2017

No words
















Another card from the same set.  This time the background stamping is definitely apparent!

I used the tree images in black or brown ink, and used just the deer image.  If you wanted the background more subtle you could use a lighter shade of green ink, experiment on scraps to see what you like best!

The sun was created by punching a circle out of a scrap of paper or post it note, making a 'reverse mask' then I sponged the sun, I tried to not make it bright yellow so I added some other colors with it, when I removed the mask the background was very white so I continued to sponge, dabbing and swiping the sponge across the paper.

The deer were colored with ink and my aqua painter and I tried to blend the colors.

This makes me feel like an artist, which I don't always consider myself, I worked on this card for quite a while and was not sure if I liked the final card.

I left the front without a verse so this really can be used for any occasion by either adding a verse to the front, or  stamp an appropriate verse inside.

Sometimes it is nice to have blank, as once in a while I choose a card, by color or image, then realize it says Get Well, or Congratulations, and I really need a sympathy card.

No comments:

Post a Comment