Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bright Afgan

Boy afgans are hard to come by, they have to be Blue or White.  If you use Pastel yellow or Pastel Green they just seem to say Girl.  And don't even put in pastel pink, pastel peach, or pastel purple, then for sure you have a Girl afgan.  So I used regular worsted weight yarn and I went for bright colors, Red, Green and yellow, I added black for a bit of contrast.  I used a larger hook, and I just wanted to go around and around, not quite a granny square, but the same stitch.  As I was making this I was thinking of a toddler boy, not really a 'baby boy' although sometimes we get so many baby blankets, a Big Boy Blanket would be nice.  This is pretty large, so it would cover a toddler pretty well, or be a Lap Blanket for an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment