Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stamp class in February

This turned out to be a great card that can be a 'Man" card at that.  Several of the crafters thought that we were going to 'burn' the paper, but alas it was all done with tearing and with ink.  I started with a barely banana card, added a brown strip and stamped with a roller inked in more mustard ink on a more mustard strip of card stock.  The leaves were randomly stamped with barely banana ink, so safon ink, creamy carmel ink, and early expresso ink.  I added 3 eyeletes in 3 different shades of brown.

The next card was the pinwheel card, of course I did not have enough paper to make the colors I posted earlier so I opted for a brighter palette.
Green galore and almost apricot

Almost apricot and tempting turquoise
I used Versa Mark ink for the background rollers, used my oval punch for my word and my crimper for the pinwheel handle.  I used a large brass brad, like the kind you can get a Staples, these were actually left overs from my office. DSP from Stampin Up! one sheet, just reversing the sides for the pinwheel.

When I stamped these images in just ink, they were OK, but when I embossed them they became great. I used black ink and clear embossing powder for this card.  The card base was Sahara Sand.

Green Ink and clear embossing powder on this version.  The Red and Black was stunning while the green purple and barely banana were also nice.  I used a Kraft card for this one
Everyone enjoyed the classes.  And we had a GREAT time!

No comments:

Post a Comment