Thursday, February 24, 2011

Super Bowl stamping

On Super Bowl Sunday, as soon as we got home from Church, I grabbed my things and headed to Billie's house for a fun Super Bowl Sunday of crafting. The game was on, and we mainly watched the commercials.  My husband has an actual Super Bowl Party here at the house, but I opt to leave all of the guys here and craft with Billie.  Larry's party was a hit, but I think I had more fun with Billie!

Sometimes I find the words first, then build a card around them.  This set is Pick a Petal, and I had never thought of a flower using the 'center' then using one of the circle images.  I do like it very much, then I added punched flowers.  I stamped a solid image (a small square), with the ink, then I punched out the flowers, so they would match, seemed easier than trying to color in the flowers after they were punched.  I used some crystals as flower centers.  I used a scrap piece of background paper from Billie's scrap box.  She had a flower/corner rounder that I used for the little daisies.  Card stock was Pacfic Point, pretty sure the ink was Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango. 

This was actually the first card I made that day, pretty simple, 2 colors, but don't you just love the tulip corner punch?  I think it is adorable.  I think the ink was Rich Razzleberry


While I was in the 2 color mode, I made this one.  This lady is so very funny and I just loved the words with her.  Doesen't she just look like a queen, (in her fluffy bunny slippers) and who would dispute that!  I used a roller for the top half of the card with one of Billiles irridescent embossing powders, and a scrap piece of background paper for the bottom.  She had a Fiskars corner punch and  that design just looked 'royal'.

No comments:

Post a Comment